- So Is Everyone!
How many of you know that the wind blows wherever it wishes? It surely does. Now, watch what else this verse says, “so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” That means you are to be like the wind. Yep – that means you! So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.
- Characteristics of the Wind
- Cannot see the wind
- Can feel the wind
- Can hear the wind
- Can observe the effects of the wind
- Can harness the wind into useful purpose
- Learning Lessons from Sailing
We think the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. But remember, there are no short cuts in God! We can take some tips from learning to move in the supernatural from the natural – from the art of sailing.
You must hoist your sail up into the wind and catch the wind, but you must have a flexible sail. You must learn to reposition your sail or you will end up in the wrong place having just gone in a straight line!
To get to your appointed destination, you must learn to angle your sail then in an opposite direction and this will help you to continue to move in progress forward motion. Thus it is in our life of God. You angle this way and then you angle that way. In sailing, this is called tacking. We must learn to let the wind carry us and then shift whenever it is necessary.
THE TRUE SUPERNATURAL IS ALWAYS PERSONAL
- An Equal Opportunity God
The true supernatural is always personal and God loves using ordinary everyday people. We become contagious carriers of the anointing from God Himself that propels you into action. This true supernatural flow of the Holy Spirit gives you an insight into another’s need and it enables you to understand their hurts, pain, needs, and heartache. Then, as you pray about what has revealed to you, you ask God for wisdom to show you how to help the other person. (See James 1:5-8.) God will reveal to you what needs to be done to help alleviate another’s situation.
Some of the qualities of the true supernatural in a believer’s life, which you must be clothed with every day are: purity, holiness, tender-hearted pity, mercy, kind feelings, humility, gentleness, patience, endurance, and good temper. These come from deep within you, where the Holy Spirit resides; they are called the fruit of the Spirit. Could it be that the farther we go on our journey with God, the more He wants us to be like Him? Do you want to be like Him? Do you want to follow in the footsteps of Jesus? Do you want His image to be formed in you?
If your answer to these questions is yes, then all you need to do is let the necessary ingredient of compassion fill your heart. Jesus is touched with the feelings of your weaknesses. Be willing to let Him use you for such a simple and yet noble purposes.
Remember, Jesus stopped for the one!
- Revival of Kindness
Some years ago, early one morning, I heard the dove of God speak to me. His words filled my being and they have never left me to this day. Want to know what these earth-shattering words were? “I will have a revival of kindness.” The world needs a revival of kindness today. We do not need more “religious churchianity”. We need people who care enough to do what Jesus would do.
Imagine what would happen if God’s people began to use their gifts and talents sprinkled with some good ole creativity to show forth acts of kindness to others. Simple acts of kindness, stemming from the love of God, would effect major changes in people’s lives and the ways people respond to one another. Let a revival of kindness come forth.
“Random acts” of kindness are seeds of compassion that will truly make a difference in the lives of others. In fact, these random acts will often open the door to the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit to take over. You do the natural and then He will respond with the supernatural. Stopping to express God’s love in personal, practical, and tangible way opens the door to the power and revelatory gifts of the Holy Spirit to flow. It is really that simple!
KEYS TO THE SUPERNATURAL FLOW
- Get Empty Vessels! - Lessons from II Kings 4:1-4
Are their keys to moving in the Supernatural? Want to move in a higher level? Then go find empty vessels! We will have to go out of our typical way to find these hungry vessels. They are waiting on us. With this in mind, let’s take a look at the prophetic lessons of II Kings 4: 1-4 and apply them today.
“Now a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets cried out to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord; and the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves.” And Elisha said to her, “What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?” And she said, “Your maidservant has nothing in the house except a jar of oil.” Then he said, “Go, borrow vessels at large for yourself from all your neighbors, even empty vessels; do not get a few. And you shall go in and shut the door behind you and your sons and pour out into all these vessels; and you shall set aside what is full.”
- Pour Out the Oil Until! - Lessons from II Kings 4:5 - 7
Ever think you are about to run out of oil? Are you still waiting for the big down load to occur? Again, look at the word of the Lord through Elisha. Pour until!
“So she went from him and shut the door behind her and her sons; they were bringing the vessels to her and she poured. And it came about when the vessels were full that she said to her son, “Bring me another vessel.” And he said to her, “There is not one vessel more.” And the oil stopped.”
- Go find empty vessels! Hint: They are located outside of your comfort zone! You must go outside your own house to find them.
- Maintain a secret place in God by building a private history before God!
- Use what you have! Share your oil!
- Your key to increase is pouring into the lives of others!
- Don’t just wait for the next big encounter – be faithful with the little you have.
- Invite the empty vessels into your world and pour your oil into them!
- The supernatural flow will continue as long as the empty vessels are in front of you! Pour until they are full!
Your needs will be met as well when you move in the supernatural flow! Provision is on the way!
“Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debt, and you and your sons can live on the rest.”
MOVING IN THE ANOINTING
In July of 1983 the Lord spoke to me and said: “5 minutes of my anointed prayer through you will do more than 5 hours of counseling that you have done in the past.” That is not saying counseling has no value. The Lord was simply presenting a principle to me. He was saying 5 minutes of My (His) anointing through you can affect a person’s life to a greater degree that what your human counseling can do.
- Options to Moving In the Anointing
At times, there appears to be options that we choose from to move in the anointing: knowing when to jump in and flow and at others times to pull back and wait on Him. In this we must learn dependency and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
You may minister:
- With no feeling or sensation but having heard a word.
- The anointing through the gifts of the Spirit.
- From reading the scriptures and then simply doing it.
- Ministering by blind faith and obedience.
- Move in the Glory Realm of the manifested presence.
All are effective and all have their place. The Lord may use any or all of these ways. The key to understand is this: There is no one way that is correct. You have to remain sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
- Wisdom Ways to Moving in the Anointing
- The main thing to learn in the anointing is realizing it is not you. Healing Evangelist Mahesh Chavda likens the anointing to getting a scuba diving suit, a second skin, put on you. You realize it is not about you, but about Jesus Christ. We are to step into Him and Him into us. (John 15)
- The anointing is simple. It is a Relationship. It’s asking the Holy Spirit questions: What is this? Do I say it? What now? Where from here? Ask questions, and more questions.
- When the anointing seems to be lifting, humility is a key to receiving back His presence and His anointing. Humble yourself before God and seek His face to receive fresh grace.
- Faithfulness is a major key to walking out the desire to see healing, deliverance and salvation take place. Be faithful in the little and more will come.
- How Does the Anointing Increase?
- By hanging out with those who love the anointing. Watch, observe and learn from those who know these ways of the Lord.
- By being in the right environment and associations - atmospheres of faith and risk.
- By hungering and thirsting after His presence. One thing I desire and that will I seek after….
- Studying the Word and praying the promises back to the Father. Meditate on the word and become a word!
- Persistence and old-fashioned faithfulness. Jesus said that faithfulness brings increase.
Father God, in Jesus’ name, I ask that you teach us the lost art of tacking. Anoint me. Use me. Teach me how to flow in the supernatural anointing of God. Let the fragrance of Christ be released through my life in a supernatural natural manner. I love You and Your ways and I look forward with great expectation for new adventures where power and character come together for a display of the fame of Your great Name! Amen and Amen!